Prevents & Relieves
Heartburn Associated with Acid Indigestion & Sour
What is Maximum Strength Zantac 150®?
The ingredient in Maximum Strength Zantac 150,
ranitidine, has been prescribed by doctors for years
to treat millions of patients safely and effectively.
The active ingredient in Maximum Strength Zantac 150
has been taken safely with many frequently prescribed
What symptoms does Maximum Strength Zantac relieve and
* Maximum Strength Zantac 150 relieves and prevents
heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour
* Eating or drinking certain foods or beverages, and
even lying down to sleep, can cause heartburn
associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach. It
is normal for the stomach to produce acid, especially
after consuming food or beverages. However, acid in
the wrong place, such as the esophagus, or too much
acid, can cause burning pain and discomfort.
How does Maximum Strength Zantac 150 work?
Maximum Strength Zantac 150 reduces the production of
stoma h acid. This is what makes Maximum Strength
Zantac 150 different from antacids, which neutralize
the acid already in your stomach. Antacids do not
reduce the production of acid.
* relieves heartburn associated with acid indigestion
and sour stomach
* prevents heartburn associated with acid indigestion
and sour stomach brought on by certain foods and
Adults and children 12 years and over:
* to relieve symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass
* to prevent symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass
of water 30 to 60 minutes before eating food or
drinking beverages that cause heartburn
* can be used up to twice daily (do not take more that
2 tablets in 24 hours)
Children under 12 years: ask a doctor
Active Ingredient (in each tablet):
Ranitidine 150 mg (as ranitidine hydrochloride 168 mg)
Hypromellose, Magnesium Stearate, Microcrystalline
Cellulose, Synthetic Red Iron Oxide, Titanium Dioxide,
Do not use if you are allergic to ranitidine or other
Do not use:
* if you have trouble or pain swallowing food,
vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools. These
may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
* with other acid reducers.
* if you have kidney disease, except under the advice
and supervision of a doctor.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
* had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a
more serious condition.
* heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or
* chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of
breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or
shoulders; or lightheadedness.
* frequent chest pain.
* frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn.
* unexplained weight loss.
* nausea or vomiting.
* stomach pain.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
* your heartburn continues or worsens.
* you need to take this product for more than 14 days.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health
professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose,
get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center